406 fan problem - it doesn't work!

Hi guys.

Have a '97 406 2.1 diesel and the heater blower/fan has stopped working. Has been a little temperamental of late and only worked on full power. Something (sensor I guess) does click when the sliding switch is about 2/3 of the way along, but no fan. Did see a previous thread (which I can't find now!) that suggested giving the passenger footwell a kick.......my sort of maintenance! Still to no avail though.

Anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Reply to
The Big Fella

It's probably the connector to the fan motor in the passenger footwell

- a common problem. Stick your head under there and pull out any trim - unscrew the plastic round thing with 3 screws - that's the motor - turn your ignition on and fan on and wiggle the connectors will tell you which one is loose. Disconnect it, crimp it up and re-connect and away you go.

Reply to
405 TD Estate

While you're at it check the motor is free to turn. Mine took out the control unit + cost £700 to fix

Reply to
PH13

Reply to
cribbox