406 Fuel Pipe WARNING

V reg 406 Estate.

Fuel pipe return going up under back seat to pump. This has been rubbing on the bodywork quite happily for 6 years or so & finally broke through on our

170 mile journey to holiday. Nice one. Caused huge hassle/upset/loss of fuel. Obviously could have been quite nasty. Luckily only leaked when pump was running.

The pipe is reasonably well hidden, but belongs to a section that joins at base of tank/return inlet/ carbon filter.

Peugeot dont stock it directly, but will sell a length of new hose & a pair of clips for about £3

Check yours soon...

Reply to
Juper Wort

I had a fuel filter (under sill on rhs of car just behind front door) broken by a stick and had the same problem - only I was about 50 km away from petrol in the Oz bush. A short length of ball point pen case of the correct diameter (Luckily) and a bit of wire replaced the filter - thank heavens Peugeot put quick release hose clamps on either side of the filter.

Reply to
Pat and Bob Chambers