406 hazard warning lights problem

Can anyone please help me out? Whenever I open the drivers door after unlocking, the hazard lights come on until I press the button inside the car. They flash rapidly to start and then slow down to a steady rhythm. Also if I take more than a few minutes to get out of the car and lock it the lights start flashing after I have locked it.

Rob

Reply to
bill

Have you got an alarm fitted? It sounds like an alarm problem to me.

Reply to
Malc

I think so as when I get out of the car and press the blip the hazards are on for about 2 seconds and then go off. (I've never heard the alarm go off though)

How can I know for sure?

Reply to
bill

Owners manual? I don't know as my 406 doesn't have one and I stopped using the alarm in the Xantia after too many false alarms. My manual is residing in somewhere else space at the moment.

Actually that locking procedure is exactly like mine so if you do have an alarm it may be an after market fit. The lights coming on for 2 seconds just tells you that you have locked the car.

Reply to
malc