406 HDI(90bhp) Cam belt change-mileage??

Registered June 2001 and on 72,000 miles. When is it due,reasonable non-dealer costs, anything to do at same time?? Many thanks Wally.

Reply to
W.Lindsay

96,000 miles. 3 hours book time and do the tensioner, auxilliary belt and be prepared for a leaking water pump which will add another 3/4 of an hour plus anti-freeze.
Reply to
Nigel

I'd think about doing it at 72K Walt, 96K sounds tooooo risky to me... :-) The garage that does mine, who take this thing rather more seriously than most, suggested 72K as the correct mileage (For a 2000 90HP). I don't think there's a mention of the actual mileage in the handbook (?) but as you I'm now curious to know the official recomended mileage. They may as well do the water pump at the same time, it's probably going to go soon anyway. There's also some kind of pulley under there that needs looking at, something to do with rubber buffers that wear, Or summat. (Non-technical description)

djimbo.

Reply to
djimbo