406 headlamps

can headlamps be adjusted for continental driving or do you have to use the stick on blamks?

TIA

andy

Reply to
magicman

I think the headlights only adjust for up/down which would not make them legal in Mainland Europe.

If you dont like stick on patches what about buying a yellow set of bulbs, and change your bulbs before you go - they wont fall off either and you can re-use them. I think this would make them legal over there but I'd check

Ian

Reply to
405 TD Estate

Yellow lights are no longer required on the continent. The stick on patches are to remove the left inclination of your lights so oncoming drivers are not blinded. In the UK that left inclination is to deflect the lights away from drivers eyes. Driving on the right it has the reverse effect, hence the patches. I believe some recent models dip straight down and are therefore OK for UK and continental driving without modification.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks