406 heater / ventelation blower problems.

Hi

i have recently purchased a v reg, 1999, 406. the heater blower dosn?t work. i have read a few posts on here with similar problems to do with faulty wiring.

i have taken the motor out and checked it across a battery and it works fine. the wires going to the motor seem to have no fault aswell as any other wires that i can get to.

this makes me think that the problem lies in the blower controle module. according to the haynes guide and my local peugeot dealer the control module is part of the blower motor itself, but in my car the module seems to be a seperate thing compleatly. it is a small black box above the passenger footwell. but situated way off to the right of the motor nearer to the center of the console.

i was going to try and replace this but cant find the part as it doesn?t seem to corect for my car.

if anyone has any ideas as to what the problem could be or to the control module itself, i would be extreamly greatfull.

thanks and sorry for the long post

stu

Reply to
stuz222

Hi I have got an 806, and the same thing happened to me. My garage man checked the fan on a battery....as you did, and it was fine. He told me it could only be the switching module, behind the switches. I got a new one on ebay for £16 plus £5 p & p. My mate took about 30 mins to put it in, and all is well.

Coli

"stuz222" wrote

Reply to
colinday

cheers colinday. unfortunatly the problem lies much deeper on this one. i?ve narowed it down to the fusebox not receiving any power from the ignition switch. time for some rewiring i thin

"stuz222" wrote

Reply to
stuz222