406 Instrument Cluster

Hi

Can anyone tell me if the following unit will work as a replacment for my faulty Instrument Cluster. I have a 406 LX 1.8 16v, 1996 and want to replace it with the following part number 6101.F5, i think that is one from GLX verison. It has 1 extra dial for Oil temp. I?m not bothered if that dial won?t work but will the others work ok?

Cheers

Hawkcapl

Reply to
hawkcapl

Mindwipe

I upgraded my instrument cluster from the one without the rev counter to one with a rev counter. The agents told me it wouldn't work. Plugged it in and everything worked. So I would agree plug it in see what happens. If the plugs are the same I'm pretty sure you're safe. Although I doubt if the oil temp gauge would work as there's probably no sensor for it.

On another issue, I've also got a 1.8 16v. What temperature does your car run at. If your sitting in traffic what's the highest the temp gauge goes to before the radiator fan kicks in?

Ryan

Reply to
RyanO

"RyanO" wrote: > I upgraded my instrument cluster from the one without the rev > counter to > one with a rev counter. > The agents told me it wouldn't work. > Plugged it in and everything worked. > So I would agree plug it in see what happens. If the plugs are > the same > I'm pretty sure you're safe. Although I doubt if the oil temp > gauge would > work as there's probably no sensor for it. > > On another issue, I've also got a 1.8 16v. > What temperature does your car run at. If your sitting in > traffic what's > the highest the temp gauge goes to before the radiator fan > kicks in? > > Ryan

Hi

I have installed the new unit and all working fine now, well except the speedo still doesn?t work but verything else is working now. The Oil dial works aswell which bit of a bonus.

With regards to temp, when crusing stays at about 80, when in traffic jams find that temp goes up to 110 then fan kicks in. i think the fan is meant to come in at 106 degrees.

Hope that helps just got to work out whats causing my speedo not to work properly.

Cheers

Hawkcapl

Reply to
hawkcapl