406 Intelligent Slave Unit

I have a problem with the outside temperature system, the indicator on the multi function display is reading much too high, often over scale, ie 2 dashes. I think the sensor is probably ok, it is about 500 ohms changing with temperature.

I am trying to trace the leads back to some unit, I have a Peugeot circuit diagram showing the leads going to the "Intelligent Slave Unit", please does anybody know where this slave unit is and what does it look like.

Regards Dave Lake

Reply to
Dave Lake

Hi Dave, did you get anywhere with this problem? I've just got the same thing. Cheers, Mick Dewsbury

Reply to
mike Dewsbury via CarKB.com

Mick: Thanks for the message - I haven't been able to find the "intelligent slave unit" yet, my Peugeot drawing shows the leads from the sensor going there - I would like to trace it through to see if there was a poor connection somewhere. What I have done is I disconnected the sensor at the wing mirror connector and measured the resistance of the sensor, this was about 500 ohms varying about +- 50 ohms with cold/heat. I thought that might be ok but now I am less sure. At that connector I then "replaced" the sensor with a variable resistor and I found I needed 4500 ohm to 3000 ohm to get a reading on the display unit of 55 to 70 deg F - so now I think the sensor may be faulty, too low in resistance. No doubt the best thing to do is change the sensor. There is a mailing on 6 April from another? Mick with exactly the same problem, Nigel replied that "it was always the sensor" I would let you have a copy of my Peugeot drawing if you would like, I find it a bit hard to understand! Phone 01553671065

Reply to
davelake