406 Key Remote solution

I've just been shown a simple solution sorting out HF (not IR) remote locking / unlocking problems on your older (P, R or S reg) Peugeot 406. My remote was becoming more and more unreliable, sometimes would refuse to unlock or lock the car. Last week it died completely. Although the little red led on the key was showing good batteries, I decided to fit new ones but this didn't help. My local Peugeot garage wanted £60 plus for a new key and a charge to programme it. They said it was the only solution...

A friend suggested a trick he was shown by a Peugeot Mechanic. This is what he suggested...

  1. Unlock the car with the key and use the keypad to deactivate the immobiliser.
  2. Start the car.
  3. Now press the large button on the key about 10 times, pausing briefly between each press.
  4. Switch the engine off and remove the key from the ignition.
  5. Now press the large button again... Hey Presto - doors lock and unlock by remote again.

9 times out of 10 this will have solved the problem and your remote will work again. How / Why?? Who knows.

Hope this is of use..

Reply to
Paul

It works because it is the programming procedure (well sort of) - you can see more programming details here:

daddyfreddy

will this work with the key for an R reg 406 coupe se??

Reply to
jbbkt