406 multi function display globe replacement

The left-hand end of the display is hard to read suggesting a new globe is needed. But the agent claims that there are no globes for this unit - that it must be replaced in full - cost about $2k.

The Haynes manual suggests otherwise - it shows a picture of a globe being replaced. But it does not seem to indicate how to remove the display - is it similar to removing the clock? Just carefully lever it out?

Reply to
Ken

Further to this, I find that it is not the multi-function display. It is the display in the heater control module. Also I now find that I did Haynes an injustice - they do, in fact, describe how to remove the MFD. They also have a bit to say about removing the heater control module and even replacing its globe. But I find the removal instructions rather hard to follow. Has anyone attempted it?

Reply to
Ken

You don't say what year....on the earlier ones (I had a 2000) you need to take out the cassette unit first - I think you need 2 thin screwdrivers to ease back the clips. With this out, the cente section is held by 2 allen screws. You may need to buy the bulbs from Peugeot. The holders are thinner so don't obstruct other things at the back

Reply to
PH13

Thanks Peter.

Reply to