406 new model factory radio -> old model 406

hi,

I own a late '98 406 hdi (d8) with a factory peugeot radio (philips i think). This radio is crap. I wonder if i could use the later model ( clarion ?) from the new 406. Can the old model display be connected to the new model radio ? Or could i use the new display inside my car ?

please some advice. The haynes manual gives me no clues.

harry

Reply to
ha

i think it wont work, because the 2002> models have a different kind of MUX systeem then the older ones, in the diagnostic computer at your dealler they also have to option "406" or "nouvelle 406". But if you think its crap why wont you get a after-market radio? your dealer and most car audio stores do sell frames so it will be normal DIN size again

axl

Reply to
axl

Hi I don`t think they are compatible, I bought a clarion single slot cd player from a damaged 406 in the hope that i could get it work,but without any joy ,I even tried local pug dealer and was told that the newer radios are either partly or fully multiplexed into the system and theres no way to get them to work? if you want to fit a cd player there is a kit avilable that connects the sony 6 disc changer into your radio work great even the stalk controls work, Aslo the wiring from the new display is total different from the older one

Tommy

Reply to
tommy williams

Reply to