406 new radio

I bought a new LG cd player for my 1996 Peugeot 406. I removed the old Clarion tape/radio, and there were three connectors at the back, plus the antenna. Two were iso connectors and one was something else, which I presume connects to the stalk, for the sterring wheel control. I ignored this one and connected the two isos to the two iso plugs in the back of the LG cd player. The cd slot made noise (like it was accepting or rejecting a cd) and then nothing. THe unit wouldn't turn on. I replaced the Clarion but it wouldn't turn on either! There seem to be a lot of adaptors available for post 99 406's, but they seem to use a non-iso connector.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Do I need an adaptor?

Thanks Richard

Reply to
Hamilton

Actually I fixed it. For anyone who's interested, when I looked at the fusebox which flips down behind the coded anti-start panel to the right of the steering wheel, the fuse (number 16a, 10amp) was missing. It makes me wonder how the original radio was working, but maybe it didn't need a fuse somehow. Anyway there is one spare of each so after replacing it my new radio worked

Reply to
Hamilton

Congrats on that one, if you can figure out the fusebok from the user manual, you deserve the croix-de-peugeot. I had a pioneer CD fitted recently in a 2000 406 without recourse to any adaption leads, it works fine if you can put up with the ignition switch not turning it off and the onboard computer diplay now going off 30 seconds after switch off. Hey! it plays MP3s from CDs and CDRs I'm a happy bunny, the old one played CDs when it was in a good mood.

Reply to
djimbo