406 Rear Door Locked

Has anyone come across this problem?

My pessenger side rear door is refusing to open. When I turn the key in the front doors the motors can be heard moving in the rear but alas the door remains permenantly shut. Bit embaressing for friends to have to climb over from the other door. It seems to be impossible to even open the door from inside too. I can't even get it open to strip the door panel door to get at the locks, etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'd be very grateful.

Reply to
David Gudgeon

Can you open it from outside? If so it looks like the "child safety" switch is in operation

Reply to
curious

I can't open it at all either from inside or outside

Reply to
David Gudgeon