406 rear seat removal

I have been attempting to remove the rear seat to access the fuel pump, according to the Haynes manual it is simply a matter of undoing two pins at the front of the seat, pulling it forward, lifting and then removing, I have heaved and pulled to no effect, am I doing some thing wrong? My fuel gauge is intermittent and I am hoping that it is a dodgy connection on the pump. Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
terb

I presume it is a saloon, as the estate just folds up. At the front of the seat it is held to the floor by two brackets held by 10mm spanner size nuts. Remove these and pull the seat up and at the same time push backward a touch to release the pins at the rear under the seat. When you do get it off, you'll see what I mean. Not easy to explain and I guess not easy to do!!!

Reply to
nigel

Fuel gagues on 406 of a certain period all seem to have a mind of their own.

Let us know if you have any luck.

Cheers!

Reply to
Madrigo Padrigo