406 remote alarm problems

Ok guys ( and girls)

I've just about had it with my 406 executive.. I have trawled this newsgroup (and the Renault one just in case ) for potential fixes to the RF alarm plipper failure that seems to be common on this model.. I have heard it may be out of synch but I have tried all suggested remedies such as lockking and unlocking ten times in a row.. no good... then tried holding doen the button... no good... in deperation got the roof console out at the weekend in search of the receiver only to find it wasn't where I expected.. the Ingra red one is there sure but I suspect the RF one is somewhere else.. I don't think its with the automatic windscreen wash circuit and you have to remove the rear view mirror to get to tha and that looked like a one way trip to the garage.. Not that I doubt that Peugeot could fix it but from experience problems like this are usually met with a " lets swap every module on the car till it works and then charge for the lot " approach.. So I have two dead plippers with new batteries and a car that refused to respond to either . just waiting for the first frost now to freeze the locks and that will make my year...... any suggetsions welcome.. happy new year !

Reply to
Neil Harrington

Take the car and keys back to a GOOD Peugot dealership and ask (INSIST?) that they recode the system with their computer! I had the same flaky problems for ages until changing dealerships. Once recoded, I've had no problems since!

Reply to
John Ricketts