406 - reset service clock

Hi

I have always serviced my own cars for the past 20 years. Anyone know how to reset the clock on my 406 that tells me how many miles until the next service?

TIA Oli

Reply to
Oli

make sure the car is switched off, including the ignition, next to the temp gauge there is a small black button; hold it in, switch on ignition. The display starts a 10 second countdown, keep button held down for the ten seconds, The display shows 0, and the service symbol disappears. that's it!! If by chance you happen to take your finger off the button before ten seconds are up, it will give a shorter service interval, such as 6000 or

9000, to reset it go through the whole thing again.
Reply to
M. H. Greaves

Thanks!

Reply to