406 SatNav Problems

I have a late 2002 ('52) 406 GLX HDI 110 Auto estate. Have to say its a lovely car, lovely to drive and a damn good work horse, just sadly it never seems to know where it is.... As in the built in SatNav system doesn't seem to work properly.

Firstly I can't believe I'm the only one who has a problem with their Peugeot built-in SatNav system, so would like to hear from all of you who either have, or have had problems.

As my car is under warranty it has been in and out of 2 Peugeot main dealers for the past two years and still they haven't got the thing working in a stable fashion. The following is a short list of how it behaves.

1) SatNav shows that it has signal, screen displays road name, but then when you program the SatNav and it starts calculating the route, it aborts, goes back to the main computer screen which shows it has dropped signal. When the signal comes back it show the road I live in first regardless of where in the country I am.

2) Comes up with message unable to reach final destination.

3) All destinations that have been stored in the memory vanish and the directories become empty....

The above is just a couple of the peculiarities that happens with this SatNav and Peugeot don't seem to wish to know and their main dealers don't have the knowledge to fix the system.

So far it has had a new screen display in the centre console, a new SatNav unit (CD Player) and I believe its had a new aerial, although no one has managed to confirm exactly where the GPS antenna is.

Please please please any thoughts, advice, or previous experience would be appreciated.

Many thanks....

Lewis

Reply to
Lewis Brown

Hi Lewis

I work in IT and from the description you give, it sounds as if the computer memory has developed a fault. This is usually evident from the diversity of problems that are apparent. Recommend you go back to your pet dealer and ask them to perform a diagnostics check on the SatNav computer, especially its memory.

Good luck Regards Steve

Reply to
Sooty