406 speedo not working

the speedo on my N reg 1.8lx petrol is either not working at all or bouncing irracticly wen engine is cold any ideas anyone?

any help would be great cheers

pete

Reply to
djpeted

If it's anything like the one on my ZX (a late one that used the same electronic speedo as the 306) it was a duff cable from the sender on the gearbox to the dash. Only found it when they replaced the speedo (including odometer) of course. Symptoms were it worked cold, bounced cool and read 0 warm.

Reply to
Chris Hodges