406 Stereo Adaptor

I've recently bought a 1998 406 estate - nice car etc.

Is there an adaptor plate so that I can remove the standard stereo and use my nearly new CD player in the 406, or do I have to stick with the original one?

Many thanks

Adam H

Reply to
Ex Alfa Adam

Adam, There is an adaptor plate to change over to a non standard stereo. I have just changed mine over, I tried for ages to find a lead to allow me to use the remote control on the steering column, but they only appear to do them for a Sony for a 1998. So if you want to keep it you will have to go for a Sony unit, if not any other will do. I got my facia plate and stereo from

this helps, Neil.

Reply to
Neil Barnes

The plate is also available from Halfords.

Reply to
406Coupe