406 TDI Speedo Reading (R Reg 2.1)

I know the following is going to sound really dodgy but here goes:

I have just had to change my instrument cluster as the speedo had packed up. Managed to find a second hand one over the net and have fitted it all working much better than the old unit and =A3600 cheaper than a main dealer!!

However, the replacement speedo is reading 208,000 miles and my old unit only had 114,000.

Does anyone know how I can get this corrected easily. I assumed the mileage was stored in the ECU and not the instrumnet cluster.

Many thanks

Reply to
julian

it can be reprogrammed by odbII codes, look for speedo meter correction on google and you'll find plenty of options

Reply to
Marc

Resolder all pins of the 2 connectors in the back of your old unit and any other dry joints you may find and put it back in.

Reply to
Michael Shaw