406 Warning Noises

Has anyone ever had any problems with the warning sounds on their 2000 Peugeot 406? 90bhp HDi

Basically all the warning noises (indicators, hazard warning, keys left in when door is opened, lights left on etc) don't work. The indicators still flash outside the car and on the dash display, but there is no little clicking noise.

What started out as a fault that occurred on a random basis, seem to have become more permanent. Only when the car has been left in the sun for a few hours does the problem go away (and then the left indicator comes on).

I keep on reading about connectors under the drivers seat (totally unaware of these until today), but I was wondering if there could be a bad connection either under the seat or behind the dash.

Any help would really be appreciated as it's finally getting to me

Reply to
davidsmith