406 windshield

Good day, is somebody using a radar detector in P406? Is this true that its windshield is metallic and blocks the radar signals?

Reply to
Piotr (popaj)

After air whittling and then hitching up their pants, Piotr (popaj) muttered into alt.autos.peugeot:

metallic glass?

Reply to
David Beamish

Has those fine wires through it.. not really metallic glass, but probably interferes with some units I'd imagine. I have heard of 406's not letting radar detectors work, although a mate of mine had a Snooper something or other that wouldn't shut up in his 406.

Reply to
Ryan Gillett

Ive got an S5 and its works fine, no probs at all.

Reply to
Cheater2k

its true it could give less range of reception with the 406 because of the sun reflecting glass, its the same with installing the GPS antenna undere your front window, reception is very poor. (peugeot installs it at the reardeck in a berline and at the antennefoot of a break).

btw a lil advise. try to mount your detector in a vertical way; the polarity of the microwaves from a radar speedgun or automatic camera is vertical. so you could get better reception then.

Reply to
axl