406hdi exec anti pollution system defective

the engine management light illuminates and the display shows "anti pollution system defective" the enigine also cuts out when put under load ie during acceleration

any suggestions!

Reply to
peugeot_owner

Get the fuel filter checked for metal particles. I had the same symptoms when the fuel lift pump (in the tank) started to break up. It seems to be a common problem. Don't use it more than you have to because it will only get worse.

Reply to
Buccaneer

thank bucaneer what was the remedy replace pump and filter?

Reply to
Anonymous

thanks bucaneer what was the remedy change uplift pump and fuel filter

Reply to
peugeot_owner

I hope my suggestion is wrong because it can work out expensive. The Peugeot recommended method is to replace everything from (and including) the tank to the injectors and I was quoted £3,500. Fortunately a relative who works on diesels did much what you suggest, i.e. replace pump, flush out to filter and replace filter. Even then it was over £800 as the pump alone is about £500, I have seen other posts where people paid around £800 as well.. If this does prove to be your problem it depends mainly on whether the filter has been compromised as to how much needs to be done, certainly if it has reached the high pressure pump and injectors you will have a headache, but I definitely recommend a good local mechanic over a dealer. Like I said, I hope I am wrong.

Reply to
Buccaneer

Hi,

It's a similar price here, in France for such operations. I know a guy who had the same problem on a 307 HDi (he complained about a lack of performance, and they found metal bits into fuel filter housing), replaced all the circuit two or three months ago, and although car was far out of warranty (yr 2001 307, 1-year warranty), the injection system swap was free, Peugeot paid for it all.

HTH, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T