406SV cooling problem

I have been a member of this group for yonks and posted the following under: 406SV Expensive 120k service. But not a single response - a first. So I try again - we help each other by reporting our experiences and this, usually, generates feedback.

My sv had its 120k up which meant a new cambelt - $A1,600. But we had experienced an overheating problem - this happened before - about 2 years ago and was fixed by replacing a sensor - $A55.

But this time they kept my car for over three days and the final cost was over $A3k. They replaced BOTH fan motors and the water pump - 3/4 of the heating system. At least they did not replace the radiator!

Have owners of other geriatric 406's had this sort of experience?

I now add that the two motors seem to work fine. But, to be fair, also add that there has been no sign of overheating since the fix.

Reply to
Ken

I take it that yours is a petrol engined car but cooling systems should be much the same for petrol or diesel. Mine is a 1999 2.0hdi with 114,000 miles (not kilometres) on the clock and overheating is one problem I have never had. Having said that, I have probably now opened my big mouth and dropped myself in it.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks