407 Color Sat Nav Jbl System RD3: Aux Audio Inputs

I am trying to figure out how to connect my mp3 player to the above system. The manual sez that there are 2 audion inputs free (in addition to the audio/video aux input in glove box..):

I gave a cable to my dealer and asked them to connect it up: they reported back that there are no audio inputs free. My dealer is pretty useless at most things ...so i am wondering if they have missed the conn?s

Anyone out there managed this? Is it straight forward to pull the radio unit and have a look myself? Theres a special tool required to extract the radio i think... :roll:

Reply to
gmonster

"gmonster" a écrit dans le message de news:1_634076 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com...

You can have alook on

in english but tools can translate and you habe drawings.I think you have to go to the dealer to configure Autoradio: Input has to beactivated.

Regards

R1

Reply to
R1

nope that only applies to the RD4 radio with AUX options, the RT3 systems dont have this. the only way to install a extra audio module is to use the audio lines from the cd changer. so you have to make a switch to a optional unit, and play a cd while listening to the other unit.

Reply to
axl

You're right, it's a mistake on my side. Nevertheless, this site may help some of us to know our vehicle.

Reply to
R1

thank you :) i made it

Reply to
axl

There is a kit available to do this part number 9706AG. It contains a lead that plugs into aux port at back of radio and provide female jack socket in glovebox for MP3 player etc .To remove radio you need a torx 10 or 20 screw driver can't remember which one off the top of my head ...all the best... any questions snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
MARK B (peugeot master technician) via CarKB.com

Sorry with regards to my other post ,that applies to rd4 radio. (we've never fitted rd3 radio in 407!) .the sat -nav unit is a RT3 ,regards...mark