407 "depollution" system

Hi,

This morning when I started the 407 136 HDI the engine monitoring indicator came on, and the message "depollution system fault" appeared. However, using the car again this afternoon it had gone, and everything was normal.

The only odd thing is that tthe temperature last night was the lowest the car has ever experienced, -6.7C. By this afternoon things had warmed up somewhat.

Does anyone know if this system (presumably the particulate filter) is sensitive to low temperatures, or do I need to get the car looked at by a dealer?

Martin

Reply to
Martin Dixon

Hi,

My guess is "dont't care if it occurs immediately after starting the engine". Especially when cold, I wonder if the amount of unburnt fuel in this very particular moment wouldn't cause the message to appear. My parents' 206 (2.0L HDi with on-board computer) tends to show this warning from times to others, in the very first second after starting the engine, since they have it (12,000km). No problem or engine management light occured past 65,000km.

HTH,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

Thanks for that!.. In my case it stayed on for most of the morning, through several engine restarts. It disappeared in the early afternoon and I have never seen it since.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Dixon

Reply to
Dutchman

Well the car is currently in the garage, having this looked at as well as the radio on/off button fixed and its first MOT. I've just been told it has failed the MOT, dur to worn front suspension ball joints, which they will replace under the warranty. So that is what was causing the "clonking"

After 28,000 miles only, that is ridiculous!!!

Martin

Reply to
Martin Dixon

Not really. It depends how you drive the car as to how long 'bits' will last.

Mart> >

Reply to
Richard Setford

Perhaps, but I have been pretty gentle with it. If you aren't with a

407, it drinks fuel.

The only problem is that around here we have a plague of speed bumps. I don't think I have ever been over a speed bump at anything like the speed limit.

So I'm not sure who I should be blaming, Peugeot or my local authority.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Dixon