407 RD4 Audio Unit Bluetooth Pairing

I've just got myself a 2008 407.

It has fitted the RD4 Audio System. All very nice. The manual implies I can use the RD4/Car itself as a bluetooth handsfree unit for a mobile phone.

I've entered the RD4 mobile phone pairing menu. It shows no devices are already paired. Using my Sony W810 phone, it picks up the RD4 as a Bluetooth device, ID '407'. However when I attempt to pair them, the Sony asks for the passcode. Page 177 of the Peugeot manual says it's 1234. The Sony doesn't accept that. The RD4 display indicates a device is trying to pair, but that too says it's rejected. I've tried all the obvious codes, 0000, 9999, 5678, etc, but no luck.

How do you set the RD4 back to its default, and is it indeed 1234 ?

Or, have I got the wrong end of stick completely here ?

Reply to
Mark Carver

Have paired up the phone using Bluetooth before with anything else, I ask this as it may well be that the actual phone code does not match. I paired my phone with a pda and my sat-nav. and for each one its the 4 digit code for the actual phone that's needed, I can change this code on the phone to whatever I like, as long as I do the same on the pda and sat-nav. This stops people standing near you and dialing god knows who via blue tooth on your phone bill. Hope that makes sense.

GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

Thanks GGJ

I've managed to fix the problem.

For the benefit of any future Googlers:

You need to have the ignition on, but without the engine running. I was trying it with just the radio on, but without the ignition switched to Acc.

Very nice, and my address book is now stored in the car. Works brilliantly,

Reply to
Mark Carver

I'm sure the next owner will appreciate it too if you don't remove it before you sell the car.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R N Robinson

Glad you got it sorted GGJ