407 software (GPS maps)

Hi, Yes, still thinking of buying this model hehe. None of my dealers in Croatia gave any idea on where to get maps for my country. They even think that Croatia is not even mapped. Later my uncle told me that some Austrian company has them. My question is whom do I contact and are all maps you buy compatible with all cars and models? Also, I saw some navigation system (external GPS) with 3D picture, and some that were just 2D. Is that dependent on the Peugeot software, or maps I buy?

thanks

Hrvoje