407SW: RD4 radia aux input

Hello,

Does anyone know how to connect a device to the aux input of the RD4 radio (OEM Blaupunkt). The garage says it has to activate the input with the diags software from peugeot, but that there are no connectors available to connect anything to the radio! Blaupunkt confirms there's an aux input but refuses to help, stating it's OEM'ed to peugeot.

Any thoughts please

Niels

Reply to
Niels

Check the connectors to the car, chances are it's not used by that loom, this will narrow it down to a few connectors hopefully.

Blaupunkt's website does state it has an aux in.... just doesn't say where !

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

regards axl (peugeotdata)

Reply to
axl

Axl

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I own a 407 Sport and i've been desperately seeking for this info. Peugeot Portugal, Blaupunkt Portugal and Bosch have been jerking me around for this info and they just 'refuse' to give it away (the Blaupunkt rep had the nerve to say that they knew nothing about the RD4 head unit. This head unit is manufactured at the Bosch / Blaupunkt factory in ..... Portugal). From what i could understand from the online translation (i cannot read Dutch ) i have to go to a Peugeot dealer to 'program' the aux ports ? Is there anyway to do this by myself ? Can you share some more info about the AUX 2 ?

Again, thank you very much

Digital

Reply to
Anonymous

:)) ya welcome

your dealer has to set the settings for how you wanna use the aux. from factory its been set as a mute signal, so it switches to aux when theirs a mute signal comming in, thats usefull for hooking up your carkit to the radio. but your dealer can reprogram the RD4 so the AUX will not be switched by a mute signal but is operated by the source key.

i dont know yet what pin's for the AUX 2 are, i havent had the time yet to figure that out. (and no peugeot aint that helpfull to the dealer, we all have to figure it out our self :(

Reply to
axl

PIN 1 =right PIN 2 = ground PIN 7 = left

thats the other AUX in :) i havent tried it my self yet some1 else gave that info.

regards axl

Reply to
axl

Hey, axl and all

As just confirmed 'out of the record' by someone at Blaupunkt, the info on the AUX 2 is correct. I've tried to hook up my handsfree kit to the head unit and an amazing thing happened. Hooked the hands free kit to AUX1 (C4,C10 and C11), applied MUTE signal to B14, the head unit switches to AUX1 (as confirmed on the display) but it mutes ALL sources (including AUX1). Does this make any sense ? It renders the MUTE+AUX1 combination useless. Or does it require any 'activation' ? Regarding activation, as the Peugeot diags sw must somehow interact with the head unit, will there be any 'service mode' in the head unit itself to enter this parameters ? I've contacted my Peugeot dealer again to enquire about the activation process, and, amazingly, the guy said (again) that it was a very recent model, they didn't have any info and asked me if i could give him the pinout info and other stuff i had available. For a Peugeot dealer, this is nothing short of amazing !!!!

Cheers DB

Reply to
digital_bit

hmmmm thats weird, because the factory settings are that the mute is linked to the AUX 1, i dont know :( drive to holland and i can give you a help hehehe

true what your mechanic said information from peugeot, especially these kind of stuff just sux

regards axl

Reply to
axl

Hey axl

The mute does link to AUX1. The strange thing is that it mutes AUX1 too, so the in call audio does not go thru the speakers. Drive to Holland ? hmmmmmm. Maybe next summer, lol Anything about a 'service mode' ? Like reprogram the aux settings via the head unit keyboard ?

Cheers DB

Reply to
digital_bit

can you tell me what you seen when the mute is activated? so on the pop-up window in your screen, its either a speaker sign crossed off. or a line-in cable picture

Reply to
axl

Hey all

Axl: I distinctly remember seing the AUX1 cable symbol but i dont remember the crossed speaker symbol. I'll re-check it on saturday and post the results

Cheers DB

Reply to
digital_bit

Hi axl and all

Success at last !!! The problem i reported earlier was due to a malfunction on my handsfree kit. It is now working correctly (mute signal on call reception, switch to AUX1 and call audio thru speakers). This is the way the AUX1 comes by factory default. I also managed to 'convince' the electrician at my Peugeot dealer to hook-up the diags machine (laptop, Peugeot Planet2000 software, a USB cable and a very odd looking connector) and enabled the AUX2 in 'Accessories mode' (it comes disabled by default). I couldn't find the right connector in the aftermarket shops, but a COM2 to PC motherboard socket adapter did the trick neatly. It even holds firmly in place despite not having any locking hardware. So, now i have a handsfree car kit on AUX1 and an MP3 player on AUX2, and am a very happy 'camper'

Thanks for all your help, axl

Cheers DB

Reply to
digital_bit

:) good to hear everything works :) the original connectors are pretty hard to get, and i also always use pc motherboard connectors :) works fine

regards axl

Reply to
axl

Axl, and Digital_bit. I've followed this thread with great interest. I've got a RT3 in my 407 SW and I want to connect a MP3 player (it already has the telephone built in). I tried doing this via the red white yellow sockets in glove box but of course the input stops as soon as the car moves (a safety thing I guess).

I've read in the hand book that there are aux inputs on the RT3 and these this can be configured to accept an MP3 player, and then simply pressing the 'source' button would select this as an input. So a couple of questions:

1) How do I physically connect the MP3 player to the RT3? I've seen the diagram in
but it makes no sense to me)2) How do I configure the system so that the Aux inputs start working, or must this be done by the Peugeot dealer?3) There is a very odd looking socket in the between-front-seats CD storage bin, is this some sort of input socket for the RT3? Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

RT

Reply to
Foo Foo Barney
  1. Haven't tried this myself yet but what I have read on Swedish forums you could use a PC cd-rom to soundcard cable.
  2. From what I have read on this forum your dealer has to configure this for you, if he knows how, which seems to be the issue here. When I spoke to my dealer his gaping mouth became bigger than the front on my 407 SW....
  3. I think this is the serviceconnector where you are supposed to plug in a laptop when you for example want change the above. So "all you need" is a laptop, the proper connector cable and the Peugeot service application installed...

I got yet another question, I have the optional CD-changer and subwoofer installed in my car. Does this mean that either of them are connected to AUX 2 ? Is AUX 1 only for cellphone or can I plug my MP3-player there ?

Reply to
Little_Ang