504 diesel (1979)

Hi,

I recently purchased a 504 diesel 1979 sedan and will be picking up this Sunday. It seems to be in great condition, I'm curious if anyone else owns this model?

We are putting together a biodiesel coop in Arlington County (VA) in the next several months -- more info at

Feel free to contact me on this board (about my Peugeot) or offline about the biodiesel initiative.

I'd be interested in buying a similar 504 station wagon if I can find one.

Jerome

Reply to
Paraguay2

Hello,

From the latest series then, as the 505 was released at the same time (1979) and then quickly exported to the USA to get the LA & NYC cabs market (in its brand new TD version). 504s were discontinued on 1982, IIRC for occidental markets - keeping into production in Africa until late 90's.

I don't. Most of them, at least in France, ended their lives in Africa, I may relate it if you're curious. I just post to tell you I'd be interested by some pictures of these US models :-)

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

I just bought a 407 HDI and I'm fascinated to learn that you have purchased an early ancestor - 1979! I owned a 504 petrol Pug - the first of three. I often wished I had kept it! The oldest vehicle I own is a 1989 Ford F150 (petrol) - a great vehicle which looks as though it will last for ever (fingers crossed).

Do you have any idea what mileage (kilometreage) the vehicle has done? (it has probably been around the dial more than once). From my farm vehicles, which are mainly diesel, I have formed the impression that diesel engines not only have a meager diet for fuel but last, more or less, for ever. I have a Ford 200 tractor which must have been made around 1970 (I got it in 1975) which still does everything I want it to do.

Reply to
Ken

The 504 diesel engine, is a very popular engine to be marinised and then used for boating. Good engine.

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Hi,

True. Very popular to dieselize the WW2 jeeps (Willis for example). The funny point is, that's the same engine used to empower the french successor of the Willis jeep : the well-known P4 (same chassis & bodikit than Mercedes G-class).

Some series seem to be weak by the head gasket, though.

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

You should join the Yahoo Groups Peugeot list. It covers everything before when Peugeot pulled out of North America ie 405, 505, 504, 604, 404, 403etc, as well a a lot of chat about all things Pug like the 908. Several people and vendors/service garages are very knowledgeable about 504..and there is an active bio-diesel subset.

cheers! Jim Bartley on PEI

86 505 Turbodiesel wagon 87 505 gas Turbo sedan

Reply to
George Mills

Mine is this one:

Mine is not for sale :-)