807 fuel economy

I have a 2002 807 2.2l diesel. The best economy I can get is about

33mpg on a long run at constant 70mph unloaded. Around town i get about 25mpg. Is this normal for this car ? I know its pretty big and heavy. Could the PAF filter effect economy. To my knowledge its not been changed and the car has about 86k on the clock.

Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated

Phil

Reply to
phil55

Uzytkownik "phil55" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

I have the same car and got about 33,6 in economy drive and 29,4 in town. Its pretty hard to get below 33 mpg in this car. FAP filter doesnt change this value. If you think your car "drink" too much, check all the filters (oil, fuel, air), change the oil or check if tires have correct pressure.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

wiadomoscinews: snipped-for-privacy@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

Thanks Greg, sounds like its about normal for this car then. Its just been serviced last week and performance does seem better so will see what happens to the fuel economy.

Phil

Reply to
phil55

wiadomoscinews: snipped-for-privacy@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

Greg, do you know if any of the PC based diagnostic systems will work with this 2002 car ? Thinking about getting one.

cheers Phil

Reply to
phil55

Uzytkownik "phil55" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

I didnt hear about something like that, but it doesnt mean that it deas exist. I only know that 807 from 2002 has VAN multiplexing system nad it is preety hard to diagnose, many "universal" diagnostic systems dont get all necessery informations or error codes. But I can give you very usefull page:

Have a nice day Greg

Reply to
Greg

wiadomoscinews: snipped-for-privacy@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...