Advice Needed for new Peugeot owner

Hi, I have just got a brand new 206s. I bumped the front left wing and I don't want to claim the insurance, the metal is bashed in. The quote I got from the panel beaters was £1290, I recon this is a bit expensive and so does everyone else. I can get a new wing for £55 however this isn't the same colour as the car (Aluminium). Can anyone give me any advice as it's a brand new car, I am skint and don't want top claim the insurance as there is a £500 excess. Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Tina Fuller

If you care to post your general location, someone will likely advise on trusted local bodyshop.

Reply to
walter.lindsay

Thanks, I am in Edinburgh in Scotland.

Reply to
Tina Fuller

£1290, well over the top and £500 excess...is this common? I would get another in touch with another insurance company, although this could be down to your age/experience I guess.

Try Googling or the like for bodyshops in your area, but I reckon you should be able to get the job done for around £400 if it is just the wing.

Reply to
Nick (UK)
23 and just past my test!
Reply to
Tina Fuller

To give you some idea, I have just had a wing replaced and resprayed on my wife's 206. Job was done by the main Peugeot dealers in Cardiff for £498 all in. The paint job they did was excellent - you can hardly see its been done. If a main dealer charges £498, I would have thought you could get it a lot cheaper at a smaller garage.

Reply to
Arthur Waters

Find a male friend and get him to take the car for a quote.

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead

Surely in these days of female equality, that wouldn't make any difference, would it???? Err, yes, it probably would! Try it Tina, and let us know!

Reply to
nigel
£260 and I got it myself! Wooooo! Come on the 206's!!!!
Reply to
Tina Fuller

So now we know. If we want to get the best price we have to get our wives/girlfriends to do it for us. Or do a bit of cross-dressing!!

Reply to
nigel

Come on the cross dressers and the 206's!!!!!

Reply to
Tina Fuller

thats very expensive, u cud prob get the whole car done 4 that much, if not less. i know people who will paint a wing, 4 around £55-£100. they are easy

Reply to
leigh phillips