Advice on which Pug to Buy

Hello all,

I am considering buying a good second hand Pug upto =A31000. Looking for a diesel which can handle upto 3000 miles per month of mixed motorway and rural travelling. Would be nice to be able to carry two bikes in rear or on rear.

Thing is Ive never owned a Pug but have been advised that they are the best Diesels around. Im used to a bit of comfort but not too much into gadgets. Can anyone recommend a model?

Thanks

Reply to
Graham

In my book, can't beat the 306.

I'm on my third. Replaced not through failure, but by desire to get a better model.

Don

I am considering buying a good second hand Pug upto £1000. Looking for a diesel which can handle upto 3000 miles per month of mixed motorway and rural travelling. Would be nice to be able to carry two bikes in rear or on rear.

Thing is Ive never owned a Pug but have been advised that they are the best Diesels around. Im used to a bit of comfort but not too much into gadgets. Can anyone recommend a model?

Thanks

Reply to
Boodad

If you want to get two bike *in* the rear it will have to be a 306 - I haven't actually tried it though there ought to be enough room with the seats down. You could get them in a 205 but if not they can be problematical with fitting rear racks depending on whether they have certain pieces of plastic trim. 306s are also cheaper to insure than

205s.

Since you want to use the car on rural roads I would recommend a turbo diesel. They are much quieter than atmo diesels and because they have better torque they are higher geared which makes driving at motorway speeds much easier on the ear.

Make sure whatever you buy has had a cambelt change.

3000 a month is a hell of a lot of miles. You are going to be needing to service the car every two months. Perhaps you ought to consider moving nearer to work.
Reply to
Phil Cook

Thanks for the advice. Brother-in-law is on his second 306 and was advocating that I consider one.

Reply to
Graham

Thanks. Thats another vote for the 306. What if any are the common problems. Ive noted your comment on the cambelt.

Thanks again

Reply to
Graham

Graham used his keyboard to write :

IMHO, the 306 is the last decent car Peugeot made.

Shame you've only got a £1000 budget, because I would strongly recommend the 306 HDi (at DTurbo spec, as you're not looking for the top trim-level).

-- sA

Reply to
southpawArcher

Just go and buy one sod the money..

Reply to
Chris

And I sold mine and bought a new 407!!! I have never liked the 307.

But so far - so good.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Dixon