Air Conditioning on R Reg 306 dt

Has anyone encountered any problems with the air con on 306's. I had mine refilled last year with coolant and it worked for a while, but then i had a leak. Apparently there are two pipes which can go. High pressure or Low pressure.

I know one is leaking but don't know which one. Is there any way to tell without having to go through the expense of having it filled again only for it to leak?

Also my airbag light flashes intermittently, is there any quick fix or is it a Peugeot dealer job?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
Wolfmeister

I know the pipes at the bottom can erode with salt from the roads, They just put that dye stuff through and see were it is leaking.

Reply to
Mark

Yes, agree with Mark - the lower pipe (HP side) is at the lowest point in the car - mine failed too and requred replacing. Be aware, when we took mine apart the condensor was leaking too (again the first part to be got at by the elements and also needed replacing.

Check out your yellow pages for car Air conditioning and get a Mobile guy around.

Good one will have a UV die that they inject with some gas - leaks will rapidly become apparent!!

Good luck..

Reply to
Digiteer

Yep - I have this problem also. Peugeot quoted 250 to repair it - Lex Autos quoted 115. Have yet to have it done, as UK rarely warrents AC.

Same here! Taken the car to the dealers 3 times! The last time they quoted and expensive repair job - decided against it. Ironically, the light stopped flashing for 2 years! Now it does it only when the weather is damp! It's got me baffled, but it doesn't trouble me enough to justify trying to find the problem

Reply to
ChOcK

I've had both pipes fail on mine, about 4 months apart. The high pressure pipe failed due to corrosion, the low pressure pipe failed because the nasty little clips holding the radiator gave way, the radiator slipped back about 1", touched the pipe and melted a hole through it.

When the clips were replaced, the Aircon man fitted a couple of cable ties to hold the radiator if the clips should fail again. Worth looking out for. Cable ties = £1, new low pressure pipe assembly (its huge) = £200 inc Fitting + VAT.

I also had the die put in, in case it leaks again. The charge for this was tiny.

---------

The Airbag problem is apparently well known. The connectors underneath the front seats (especially passenger) get intermittant. It starts occasionally and gradually gets worse. Cure is to cut off and completely replace these connectors. I was only charged about £20 by my honest, tame mechanic.

Reply to
choco