Anti pollution error

I have been experiencing terrible trouble with my 307 HDI D Turbo. The anti pollution warning light has now come three times in a couple of months and the car has either completely stopped or gone into hop home mode. I have taken it to a Peugeot dealer who informed me that the car requires a complete replacement of the fuel system due to Iron Filings being found in the Fuel Filter Housing. £2750.00 yeh right !! has anyone else experienced such problems and found a resolution ?

Reply to
lardychris

Hi,

I've heard of such a case with my parent's boss. His car (2001 307 HDi) had the same problem as he was complaining about the lack of power. Same diagnostics, same solution, almost same price. The complete fuel system (including tank, IIRC) has been replaced last year or this year (my memory makes me doubt), out of warranty, fully paid by Pug.

HTH, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

If that's what they want to do, then go ahead and let them. It's not gonna come out of your pocket, as it's obviously a manufacturing defect.

Reply to
Nom