Any known problems with 807

Does anyone know of any good reason why I shouldn't let my wife buy a 2003 peugeot 807 with 15,000 miles on the clock. Are there any issues with this model, I'm new to peugeots and she's dead set on it, opinions and comments would be welcome

Thanks DOUG

Reply to
dougthered

Are you getting a warranty with it and have you a good Peugeot agent near you?

It should have most of the little things sorted by now - power doors malfunctioning, rear wiper not wiping, things like that. If it is still on

15" wheels, have a good look at both front and rear tyre wear. If they are wearing more on outside than inside, but proportionally across the tread IYSWIM, eg tread depth of 2mm on outside, 4mm in middle and 6mm on inside insist on the whole lot being replaced with 16" wheels and Michelin MXM tyres. The works have been known to do it under warranty for the original owner, I'm not sure whether they would be prepared to do it for the buyer of a second hand one, but my guess is no. It is certainly worth doing and the Michelins give a much better ride that the Pirellis I had on mine originally.

Oh and be prepared for the fact that just about everything under the bonnet is inaccessible. Oil, water and screenwash are OK, but topping up the brake fluid is impossible without removing the pollen filters (one man job to remove, two men to replace or so I am told).

Good luck

Ron Robinson

P.S. For Heaven's sake insist on an instruction book!

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

and bulbs... they're practically impossible to get at and I'm about to change the 3rd H/L bulb in 4 months... I'm not looking forward to it /c;

rear washwipe, if it stops spraying but there's water in the tank take off the rear O/S panel behind the rear seats, there's a pushfit joint in there and it comes apart with ease

As Ron says the electric doors (especially the O/S) can be dodgy but I've found just keeping the contacts on the door and B pillar clean is enough to fix that

You'll be hard pushed to find child seats to fit the back row, the seat belt anchor points are too far forward, we could only find 1 model that would fit securely and rear facing baby seats won't fit in the middle row's middle seat.

finally, check all the seats recline/fold properly and the seat belts return cos they seem to have weak springs. If it's the 8 seater check the seat belt points in the bench seat, if they've been pushed in they're a b*tch to get out

oh, and look for the highest spec 2.2HDi you can afford, the 2.0HDi is pitifully underpowered IMO

we tested a number of models and ended up with a 1y/o '52 2.2HDi SX with VIP pack and triple sunroof option which we're very happy with... preferred the 806 though if only because it was better build quality and took everything we threw at it, carried everything from motocross bikes to concrete blocks and was still going strong when we traded it in after an uneventful 160k miles

hope that helps LJ

Reply to
in2minds

It is the N/S with ours, but that is the side the dog gets in and out and he's woolly and usually wet. The latest modified contacts that the dealer fitted seem to work OK, but if they get dirty and arc through the protective layer you have trouble.

Agreed as far as the 2.2 engine goes anyway. I am told the 2 litre keeps its value better from new because its the one the taxi people go for second hand. They're welcome to it though.

Yes, as a bit of a bird-watcher (not the sort you use the N/S mirror for) I find the transparent roof very handy :-)

The 806 would have been nice with the 2.2 HDi, though the brakes might have been a tad marginal. I reckon the ride was better than an 807 on Pirellis.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

"R.N. Robinson" wrote in message news:cvad6q$ged$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...

I know this is a Peugeot group an everything, but isn't the Citroen C8 better value for money???

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

initially yes, last year the Citroen promotion (or whatever they called it) gave £3k off a new C8 but Citroen's don't hold they're value as well as the Pug, even though they're made by the same people, it's a badge thing We went for the Citroen purely because of price, by the time we sell/trade in it will have done 150 to 200k miles and be pretty much valueless anyway

LJ

Reply to
in2minds

Thanks to everyone who replied, wife bought the car got an excellent deal with a two year warranty, thanks again for your help

Doug

Reply to
doug