anybody

I don't know if anybody can help a old man.he has a Ford 16v zetec engine and its been for it M.O.T. they failed it on the sensor so he done the thing on the exhaust, also changed his H.T.Leads and plugs.but it is still missing on tick over, above 1.5rpm it is fine. i don't have time to keep looking at it.so if anybody got any ideas i can pass them on to him .many thanks from chris.(a Peugeot driver,)

Reply to
Chris

You don`t say what model car it is and the year would help - but here are a few pointers - one of the most common faults on the later models is the coil pack breaking down - causing a missfire - also check the sparkplug's and leads on number 3 & 4 cylinders for signs of tracking

- a silicon bases grease is applied in the plug leads on every change of the sparkplug's to stop this problem ! if you let me know the model of car and the year i may be able to help further as there are a number of other faults it could be !

Mike D.

Reply to
Mike D

Sorry its a Mondeo 16v on a p plate he replaced all the h.t. leads.and plugs.he said it miss firers when he trys and rev it up.the M.O.T place told him it was the air sensor in the exhaust, which i replaced for him today but it still misses,

Reply to
Chris

Engine size or all all 16V Zetecs the same? Try uk.rec.cars.maintenance as you may find more people there with an interest in Fords.

Reply to
Malc

I know it has just had plugs and leads but check them again - usually

3 & 4 for any black lines up the ceramic & also inside the leads - without silicon grease they don`t last very long as there is about 60,000 volts produced by these coil packs - also check the T piece >> You don`t say what model car it is and the year would help - but here
Reply to
Mike D

Thanks for the replys.Well Mike i will try this for him after he has taken it for its M.O.T again,

Reply to
Chris