automatic door lock when vehicle speed > 10 km/hour

Hi,

In the manual of my new 406 HDI is written that it is possible to lock the doors automaticaly when the car drives faster then 10 km/hour. This function should be activated in a Peugeot Service point. I already asked it in two Service points but without result. They both say it is only possible in some versions, but this is not what is written in the manual. Who nows more?

Warm regards,

Rudi.

Reply to
Rudi Van Gelder

Hello,

Sure there's no * reporting at footer, saying "depending on equipments" ?

It may come with the deadlock option.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

It seems to be the norm in these 406 manuals to tell about every option with no attempt to specify which model does what. Unless I've missed a page somewhere.

Reply to
djimbo

what is the point of locking the door as you go along? isnt that a bit of a div thing to have!!!!! How many people do you know try to get into your car AS YOU ARE DRIVING ALONG? My alarm (not a pug alarm so dont get paranoid) locks the doors when you turn on the ignition as an anti-hijack feature. Surely this would be a much more beneficial thing than something which locks the doors when you move. So then, does it unlock them when you slow down. When you get to traffic lights in a dodgy area you stop and *clunk* all the doors unlock. I think the words *oh shit* come to mind! This feature is all well and good, but it has to be thought out properly and as more and more aftermarket alarms have anti-hijack features in them I dont think the pug alarms are very good. So it immobilises the car, big wow, im sure theres more than just me who knows how to get round that!

scott

Reply to
scott

Hi Scott,

I don't know. I hope not - locking doors at, say, 10MPH, as you just left home isn't a so bad feature, if it unlocks under 10MPH that may be one. But, what about the car accident, to evacuate the car ?

Sure ! My mum had an anti car-jacking protection with her 405, *but* integrated to her elbow : when she came into a shitty area, her elbow came on the actuator and "clunk". Oh, really easy to adapt when she had the 206 :-) All these alarms with such features are certainly responding to a certain demand, but IMO the first safety for this kind of things, is the driver.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Of course they do not unlock when you slow down. Who told you that? I think the statements in your message are based solely on a wrong assumption of yourself. The only thing I doubt if this Peugeot feature, like Renaults, unlocks the doors when you run into an accident (triggered by the airbag electronics). I am almost sure that your 'alarm-thingy' won't react on that kind of a situation (=won't be connected to safety system of the car), making it a far less safe solution.

Really the only point in where your anti-hijack function would be better than the one discussed here, is when the car-jacker is waiting near your parked car. But I don't think that's very likely to happen.

Regards.

"scott" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

There is nothing written which mentions dependence on type of car.

If it depends on the type of car, and this is not mentioned in the manual, what is the point of reading the manual?

Reply to
Rudi Van Gelder

It only closes the door and trunk, you must open it manually by opening the door from the inside. This should prevent "Car Jacking" and the theft of valuable things like a Notebook in the trunk while you're waiting on a traffic light for instance.

Reply to
Rudi Van Gelder

"Rudi Van Gelder" schreef in bericht news:EC5_a.63078$ snipped-for-privacy@afrodite.telenet-ops.be...

It has to do with the software version of your BSI. (Internal computer of your car). It's only possible with the newest software. Unfortunately you can not upgrade the soft of the BSI in a 406. Only a change of BSI gives you a newer software version.

Reply to
Dominique

so if you get your car rechipped by peugeot then it can work, but they prolly charge silly money for this and then you have to say ur car is modded.

Hmm, bit shit if you ask me. They should make this a feature of the alarm system in peugeots, it would be much easier to reprogram an alarm than to rechip the entire car.

Poorly designed cars are designed for the designers and not for the drivers.

scott

Reply to
scott