battery light on dashboard

ref Pug 205 1.6 GTI

I've noticed a faint white illumination behind the battery symbol when the ignition is on. This illumination disappears when the ignition is off.

The battery is showing green (on the battery). Engine starts all right.

Am I right in assuming that if there was anything wrong with the battery then this dashboard symbol would shine bright red?

Thanks.

species8350