BioDiesel B30

Anyone using this in their HDi Pug?

Reply to
Godfrey Wilkes

There was a thread about this a while back. I don't use it in mine because I read somewhere that, although it is fine in the older engines, there is some doubt about using it in common rail diesels, of which the HDI is Pugs version. However, I am sure many comments will get added to this thread.

Reply to
Keith W

:Anyone using this in their HDi Pug? :

I don't know which Pug engines are approved for running on Bio-D but I know the

2.0L auto 307 XSe HDi I bought in Nov 2006 is (engine DW10BTED4). It states in the user handbook that B30 is ok. Unfortunately, I only have access to B20 so I have been using that without problems.
Reply to
Ross Herbert

According to a press release I found on the interweb, PSA have approved B30 for use in HDi engines. I believe my local Morrisons is supplying it, so I might take a chance and try half a tank in my 53 307HDi DTurbo.

Reply to
Godfrey Wilkes

Referring back to my post, I should add that my 1999 406 was just about the first HDi engine and Bio hadn't even been heard of then.

Reply to
Keith W

So if you put that in your tank Keith i will probly smell u over here in addlestone lol lol

Reply to
Chris

Especially if the "bio" part is cabbages, or even worse baked beans ;o)

Reply to
Keith W

or both together that would smell . was behind a van today and that was running on cooking oil neat ,from addlestone to woking and he left a smoke cloud behind him.

Reply to
Chris

I daresay that Dick Strawbridge's Landrover would smell like a chippy because in his programme "It Isn't Easy Being Green" he showed how he makes his own bio-diesel with oil from the local fish and chip shops.

Reply to
Keith W