Bloody Dealers

Hi All

I've just had my 406 into the main dealership here in Newcastle for the 12,000 mile service.

When I booked it in I mentioned the fact that the mileage trip for the next service hadn't been reset at the first service.

Low and behold, when I got the car back it still hasn't been reset and they haven't even stamped the maintenance book!

Back to the dealers tomorrow.

Oh, and the sensor for the fuel flap kept coming on and they tell me that a sensor and harness has had to be ordered - heaven knows how long that will take to come.

Bloody Dealers!

Cheors

Steve E.

Whitley Bay, North East England Tyneside & Northumberland Local History Group at:

photographs of the Newcastle Upon Tyne area go to:
"Geordie goes beyond mere geography and is a quality of heart"

Reply to
Steve E

You could reset the service counter yourself (read manual). Any other dealer at drivable distance? I myself swaped due to same type of issue (but this is in a diff. country...).

Steve E wrote:

Reply to
Hazze

Hi

Thanks for the advise - I'll take a look in the manual ;-)

Went back to the dealers today - no apology for having to go back to have the Log Book stamped and on the matter of resetting the mileage count down, they simply said "oh we will do that at the next service".

As to changing the Dealer - well Peugeot Dealers are like rocking horse shit around here - the reason I chose the 406 was because the garage is just over the road from where I work!

Cheors

Steve E.

Whitley Bay, North East England Tyneside & Northumberland Local History Group at:

photographs of the Newcastle Upon Tyne area go to:
"Geordie goes beyond mere geography and is a quality of heart"

Reply to
Steve E

Just to possible make you feel better. I went three times to the dealer with a faulty gearbox, they didn't do anything. Swapped dealer/garage, they listened for 10 seconds and then ordered a new gearbox ... I think this is really bad for such a good/value-for-money brand, and for the dealers that realy have customer focus.

/406 driver

Steve E wrote:

Reply to
Hazze

If I tell you my story you'll be all very happy of not living in Portugal... My 406 (1.6 gasoline) is at a dealer for over a week with:

1º - impossible to cold start (takes allmost a minute forcing the ingnition with the pedal to full to start) 2º - uneven idle and cuts if rpm below 2k (must be pressing gas pedal all the time) 3º - cant get it to run without beeing bummpy 4º - if you take to long to change gear it cuts 5º - flashing air bag light (the cherry in top of the cake)

When I took it to the dealer I asked "Could this be the fuel injectors?"

- Reply from dealer: "I don't think so... it's probably the.. (he said something between teeth I didn't understand)"

They run every possible test with every possible diagnostic machine (even connected to France) and allways saying to me that: its probably this... its probably that... we'll check it tomorow...

A week as passed and I got a phone call from them saying: "It's the fuel injectors that are dead, they open but don't close...It will cost 550? plus tax and work..."

It will cost me around 900 ? all...

I now ask:

Isn't this plain robbery to take 550? for the 4 fuel injectors?? Shouldn't they test them right away when I told about the simptoms? Does it need to take a week?

Where can I get the injectors cheaper? what brand those they use? the engine is a 1.6 8 valve from 99 (its probably the same that equips the '99 306 from other countrys)

Please, need help, thx

Jorge Silva

"Hazze" escreveu na mensagem news:lU9Sc.100490$ snipped-for-privacy@newsc.telia.net...

Reply to
Jorge M. Rocha Silva

A little "coil" their term not mine failed on the injectors of my V6 cost £200.00, The flashing light bag is a sensor under the passenger seat and requires a partial rewire. I know all this from bitter experience

Reply to
John Hollinshead

Any consolation to you guys, my 406 GLS DT had a recent replacement recon engine drove it for 500 miles, had oil change, went on holiday, 2000 miles later whilst on holiday in Austria the water level started dropping, I topped up and some days it lost a liter other days it was fine, finally took it to a Peugeot dealer in Burs Austria, who diagnosed initially head gasket, when stripped he reported that the engine was a poor quality rebuilt as it had a score in the bore of #2 cylinder which caused localised heat build up and the subsequent gasket failure. He spent a whole day trying to locate an affordable replacement and despite being unsuccessful he was in my opinion incredibly helpful. Not all dealers are crap, but I must say the experience I have had so far in UK has not been inspiring. I can however thoroughly recommend Bertch Peugeot in Burs as offering incredible customer service, and for going the extra mile to help.

Ron Hagley

Reply to
Ron Hagley