Boot will not unlock

I removed the light bulb holder over the rear number plate to replace the light bulb. I tried to get in the boot to get my spare bulbs but the boot would not unlock either with the remote control or manually pushing the button. I put the light bulb and holder back in but still the boot will not unlock. I have looked at the menu but it is not set to lock permamently.

Any ideas please

Reply to
Grianane

You do not say what vehicle you are referring to. On 405, 406, 306 and no doubt others, as well as the central locking and push button there is a keyhole (usually in the button) where you can key lock it. This overrides the central locking and you can then only unlock the boot with the key.

Reply to
Tinkerer