Boot wont Lock!

Hiya,

I have a 2yr old Partner Combi thats been perfect (well apart from a rattling clip on the Air filter, and messed up indicators, and a broken dirvers electric window)

Now its started to misbehave again. Before i take it back to the dealer, does anyone have a quick solution which wont involve the usual

"3-4 weeks for the part....yes i know the boot wont lock but sorry, nothing we can do....."

When i operate the central locking everything locks. Apart from the boot, it makes the locking noise, but when you try to open it its not locked.

You cannot lock it with the keym just feels kind of spongey when you try....

with a bit of messing, you can get it to lock, but it takes around 10 mins of "on off" lock unlock, kick the car, slam the boot etc etc and then it will lock...

Untill i go out agan, and its unlocked!!

Help!!!

Reply to
alexhaden

hi there sounds like clip as poped of the lock and the closer pin is getting in the way of the boot lock no big deal or expence just take off back boot cover and you will see it just replace clip

Reply to
blackknight

Ta!!

Ill try that as soon as it stops raining :-)

Reply to
alexhaden