Brake servo

I've an old 3061.9td with a brake servo that's starting to fail. (It constantly hisses from the input rod area when I apply the brakes so I think the diaphragm is split/leaking) So how does the old servo come out? I guessing that the intercooler must come off first but then it still looks tight, and I'm hoping and praying that I don't have to remove the dashboard to gain access to the bolts!

Anyone BTDT? Is the servo a dealer or scrapyard only part?

Cheers Julian.

Reply to
Julian

sorry to say you will have to get behind the dash, if you lay on your back upside down you should be able to see the 4 bolts that hold the servo plate.if the bolts have had there heads welded you should be able to just undo the nuts and let the unit full off in your hand .. good luck,

Reply to
Chris

Thanks Chris. So not that bad then, best if I remove the driver's seat so I can lay on my back easier.

I see Euro Car Parts list a servo, that'll be cheaper than a Pug dealer.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

JUST TAKES TIME. TOO DO, I THINK IT WOULD BE BEST TO BUY NEW AT LEAST YOU KNOW IT IS GOING TO WORK,GOOD LUCK LET US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON.

Reply to
Chris