Brake shoes on a 306 diesel

Hi, I'm wondering if anybody has fitted a pair of brake shoes on a 306 1993 (L) diesel Peugeot, I'm wanting to know how many are listed for this model.?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Two. Bosch (Bendix) or Lucas (Girling).

Reply to
Nigel

possibly 'Ate' also, though ithink that's only on series 2

Reply to
SimonDS

I was told to look at the master cylinder to find out what type you have, which doesnt follow cos although mine said bendix, the rear part of the car was lucas. Lucas, by all intents and purposes, is actually more expensive than bendix, heaven knows why. I would take the rear drum off and check before buying brake parts!

scott

Reply to
scott

Cheers! I have the chance to do the job on a car lift so I was hoping to take the shoes with me.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Yeah but be aware that you may not have the correct ones. It basically depends what they had laying around at the factory when they made your car. Hope you got the right ones!

scott

Reply to
scott

I can find out for you. Let me have your VIN number and I can check at work.

Reply to
Nigel

Reply to
SimonDS