brakes on 307

Hi, Just got my car back from it's 100,000km service and I was told I would

need to change my rear pads and disc rotors soon. Is this common for rotors to need changing? The dealership told me that they don't machine disc rotors, they only replace them. Has anyone experienced this? And...apparently my front pads still have about 40,000kms to go before neededing replacement...and they have never been changed in the car's lifetime! Bizzare. Dan.

Reply to
tricky4000

Normally the front discs wear out before the rear, but the rear ones can suffer from rusting up which will reduce the braking so much that replacement is the only option. No they are not normally machined, as new ones are very cheap (at least they are in the UK from the independent suppliers).

Reply to
Brian

Brembo make a very good rotor/pad set for the rear and front of 307s. I had my car's front done a year ago and it cost a lot less than the Peugeot dealer quoted. You must be a very good driver, 100,000km without a pad set is outstanding.

Reply to
sargasso