Bulb changing on a 407 help

This may seem like a pretty stupid question but how the hell do you remove the sidelamp bulb to replace it (drivers side blown but replacing both as you should do)?

I have tried and tried but unlike any 'normal' car the bulb doesn't just slide out of it's housing hole to expose the bulb? I've tried turning the bulb base, tried simply pulling it out but it won't come. I've got the rubber cover off but can't get access to the bulb!!! It just won't slide out!!!!

I thought Fiat's were bad and an un-needed hassle to change a simple bulb!!! For those who don't know on the Mk2 Punto to replace any bulb on the passenger side you need to remove the front bumper and headlight unit completely to do so as well as take out the battery to get access to the bolts that hold the bumper in place!!!!

Or is it one of these 'Peugeot only have the tool to remove the bulb from the headlight unit so you have to go to them and they charge you a fortune'?????

Why can't designers simply have it that the back of the headlight unit is easily accessible instead of hidden behind batteries or washer bottles or radiators to which only a sixmonth old child could squeeze their hand to get access to????

Reply to
NE1L via CarKB.com