Cant pickup radio 1 on sony cdx-s2210

not sure if this is the correct forum but... i just fitted a sony cdx-s2210 in my girlfirends 306 all works fine except i cant pick up radio

  1. in my area radio 1 lives around 98.2 i can manualy tune it to 98.1 or
98.3 but not 98.2. it happly picks up all the other local and national staions ok. any one have any ideas what i can do to fix this or a way to boost the signal?

cheers

stephen

Reply to
smp1980uk

Try a different Radio frequency - it goes all the way from 97.7 - 99.7 FM.

Good luck

Reply to
andy

Mind you it's no great loss. Tune into Radio 4 and bust the knob off..

Reply to
Malc

-----snip------------

Is that after you have turned the volume down to zero?? :-) :-)

Regards, John

Reply to
JohnJBurness

i just fitted a sony cdx-s2210 in my girlfirends 306 all works fine except i cant pick up radio 1. in my area

We're all old here. What's Radio 1? DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Radio one thats a old station?

Reply to
Chris

fitted same radio to a megane yesterday and it sorted radio one no probs shame it didnt fit into dash very well but never mind that did the original radio work ok in this respect in your area? cos if it was ok then the tuner is probably just,well crap really!!! however with radio stations its sometimes just where you are rather than what you have so drive it else where if you think this is the case and retest if its any consalation at all i live 4 miles from the radio aire transmitter in Leeds and despite their latest adverts that they have doubled their transmitter power reception disappears at random as i drive to work (nearer to transmitter)

Reply to
Mindwipe

the old tape deck worked fine. so im guessing unless i did something realy stupid with the install this new radio has crappy reception. is there anyway i can get a signal bosster or anything?

Reply to
smp1980uk

have you checked the areial connection at the back? also make sure the aerial base is secure and the connection to it it may be just a coincidence if that fails try the radio in another car to confirm the fault and then take it back

Reply to
Mindwipe

It's like the Light Programme but they feature popular beat combos...

Reply to
Peter Chant

Just a thought. Maybe lack of signal strength is not the problem, but too much. Perhaps the input stages of the radio are being swamped. Does radio

1 work fine if you move further from the transmitter? Can you receive stations at frequencies close to radio 1?

Ideally you could try fitting an attenuator in between the antenna and radio, but I suspect you have not got one handy. I'm not sure what your car uses for an antenna. If you can make it cut out reliably somewhere unscrew the antenna and put in a shorter bit of wire temporary to make one with less gain (i.e. gets less signal strength) and see if that does anything.

IIRC some car radios had two differing signal strength settings, one marked 'DX' on one of my parents old cars. If the radio in question has these modes have a play and see if there is a difference.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Chant

Whereabouts do you live ? it might be 98.2 is subject to a powerful local oscillator image from another station.

Reply to
Mark Carver