CD Changer not working

Hi, Is there anything such as fuses I can check on my 406 as my 6 CD changer has stopped working. I have a 406 HDI 90 1999 GLX. It's a factory fitted one and just stopped working.

The button works when you eject the pack, but when you try and select a CD from the controls nothing happens.

Thanks In advance

Richard

Reply to
ICM Remote Engineers

Hi there, I have had a similar prob on my CD Changer on 2000 406 Exec. What happened was the CD changer was getting wet for a while (water getting in somehow) it was making the CDs jump a bit and me being me thought it was just condensation so just wiped CDs and kept playing them eventualy the CD changer was no longer recognised on the Head unit and the Changer unit didnt power up & reject. Like you I considered the in line fuse to have gone but there aren't any. So I removed the changer and searched hard on e-Bay for the same to replace it (my one has the blue square 12pin plug). New one arrived plugged it in and yes it powered up and ejected cartridge but no it wasn't recognised on Head Unit. So thinking maybe there was a fault with the new one I stripped it & and the old one down and found the componet that had blown on the original. It was the circuit board at the blue plug that had got wet and blown. I therefore put the one from the new changer onto my original and yes it powered up, ejected the catridge etc but still was not recognised by the Head Unit. I am sure there is nothing wrong with the changer now (and there was nothing wrong with the one I bought) but the head unit doesnt recognise it. I am told that this is possibly due to Peugeots security system where the audio equipment are not actually pin numbered but you have to go to a Dealer to programme through the ECU for them to work this should be about £25. Have'nt checked this one out but maybe some of you know if this is the case or not. Euan

Reply to
Xan

Yes they have to be configured to the BSI to work. Also cure the water entry which is usually through the N/S light unit seal to body.

Reply to
Nigel

Thanks for the info, I'll check the CD unit first, and check for damp.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
ICM Remote Engineers