central locking clicking on and off

Hi, I have a peugeot 306 (L Reg)1905 Diesel. I am having trouble with the central locking clicking on and off, I can't pinpoint the cause or which ones causing this problem. I haven't stripped anything yet cos I have feeling if I touch it, it won't work at all. Ideas? I have a feeling theres a motor on each door plus the boot, but I'm unsure how the central locking is controlled

bill

Reply to
Bill

It sounds like a short/earth problem - The usual culprit for central locking going mad is at the point where the wiring loom passes from the car body into the door - the wires get chafed and cause shorts.

It's an easy place to check, if for nothing else other than to rule it out.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Is there a seperate earth for earth door - as I haven't been able to tell which ones at fault, I drove the car today, locke the doors and it appeared to come from the tail gate, but then they all seemed to click at the same time, just as I thought I'd found out where the noise was coming from.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

That's OK Matt at least I have something to go on, while I remember do you know where the control unit is that controls all the central locking.

bill

Reply to
Bill

Not overly sure but would have thought it was in the fuse box (although I seem to remember it may be under one of the seats in a 306 but I could be mistaken)

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Hi again, I was told it was under the rear seats, can't get my head round this yet, because I fold them forward when moving big items but I haven't noticed any box, though I was looking for something 12in x 12in don't know why I thought it was that big.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Hi Bill, do you mean that it locks and then opens again imeediately ?

Reply to
Paul Westney

I think its a sort of half click, the locks don't open fully.

Bill

-- (Outgoing mail Incoming mail Virus checked by Norton AV 2003)

Reply to
Bill